Hello, Rochester-Rochester Hills! Let’s get you caught up to start this day on an informed note. Here’s everything you need to know in Rochester-Rochester Hills today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Warmer with shifting clouds. High: 53 Low: 43.
Here are today’s top stories in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
- Former President Donald Trump Return in Macomb County. (C&G Journals)
- No injuries reported after a fire at the Southfield building. (WXYZ 7 Action News Detroit)
- Two out of four charges maintained against a Macomb Township man linked to an alleged parrot caper. (The Macomb Daily)
- Last job Openings In and around Rochester-Rochester Hills. (Rochester-Rochester Hills Patch)
Today in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
- Tune Up Cardio Drumming – Outdoor Drums (6:30 p.m.)
- Planning Commission – Charter Township of Oakland (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Nextdoor neighbor, W Auburn Rd: “Lost, deceased cat – Hello everyone. There was a deceased brown and white cat on Auburn, just east of Crooks. I picked him up to work with me at an emergency animal hospital to search for a chip to hopefully locate his family. Will update w…” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Stoney Creek District: “Hello everyone, great company looking to hire! – contact John, thank you!” (next door)
- Next door neighbor, Long Meadows: “Child/pet care and other needs. – Hi, my name is Josee. I just graduated from Michigan State University and am now in graduate school at the Oakland University. I’m looking for a job babysitting and/or pet sitting this summer! I have my…” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Rochester Estates: “Does anyone have any bottle returns they don’t feel like dealing with that I can take your hands off?? – 🙏 I’ll pick them up. I’m in the Rochester Hills area, Mi . I’m willing to go there within at least 15 miles. Thank you and God…” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
All right, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. Correlated with working in journalism, I had an incredible opportunity to study and write about many different cultures and backgrounds at the Piast Institute, which also helped prepare me for this role. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]