Hello people of Rochester-Rochester Hills! Dylan Siwicki here with today’s copy of the Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Occasional rain. High: 54 Low: 43.
Here are the top stories in Rochester-Rochester Hills today:
- First-of-its-kind mental health emergency first aid foreseen for Oakland County. (WXYZ 7 Action News Detroit)
- OR announces an honorary degree recipients. Steven Kahn, Dominic Moceri Sarah Collins Rudolph, have been selected to receive honorary degrees from Oakland University. (OaklandPress)
- A Clinton Township woman said she still felt numb weeks later winner a $1 million Mega Millions prize from the Michigan Lottery, state officials said. (Patch)
- Former Mayor of Mount Clemens files police report after an ‘aggressive’ reprimand by a community activist. The mayor said a well-known community activist tried to verbally “bully” city commission members at a recent meeting. (The Macomb Daily)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Did you know Ring now makes a home security system that offers both online and offline protection? It’s Ring Alarm Pro, a DIY home security system that includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router.
To learn more about the security system that offers reliable physical and digital security in one innovative deviceor to create your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
- Tune Up Cardio Drumming – Spring Outdoor Drum (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Rochester Police: “This dog was found near the Wyngate and Parkdale area. Please contact the Rochester Police Department if you know who the owner is. Thank you!” (Facebook)
- City of Rochester Hills – Government: “Only three days left to donate your recyclebank points to Green Schools! Four of our five Green Schools projects have been fully funded, but we still need your help with the Stoney Creek High School garden. Donate your points now…” (Facebook)
- Executive Office, Oakland County, Michigan: “#ElectionDay is two days away on Tuesday, May 3. Visit Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds – Michigan to see a list of candidates and nominations for this election by scrolling to “May Election”: www.oakgov.com /clerkrod/ elected….” (Facebook)
- Rochester Soccer Club: “Sun and soccer with RSC this summer! Sign up for our Micros (3-5 years old) or 6-12 years old camps at www.rscsoccerrecreation.org/summer-camps” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow with your next update!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the hard-working Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily? Contact me at [email protected]