Happy Tuesday, Rochester-Rochester Hills! Let’s keep up to date with what’s happening locally to start today on an informed note.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A shower in the afternoon; colder. High: 44 Low: 27.
Here are the top stories in Rochester-Rochester Hills today:
- Donations sought for an Oxford teenager after his father was shot dead. (The Oakland Press)
- Shelby, Utica put a portion of water and sewer payments in escrow until the state resolves the debt dispute. (C&G Journals)
- oakland county attorneys accused under a debt collection program face legal action from those they have sued. (Detroit Free Press)
- Michigan Child Abuse Offender registration coming shortly after the fight by 2 local moms. (W X Y Z)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Doing spring cleaning chores? Why not also refresh your home security. Secure windows, doors and more with up to $80 off select Pro Alarm Kits. Don’t wait, deals end 5/1 at 9:00 PM PST.
Today in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
- Group Tours – K-5 (9:00 a.m.)
- Tune Up Cardio Drumming – Spring Outdoor Drum (6:30 p.m.)
- Special BOE Meeting – Rochester Community Schools (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Next-door neighbour, Georgetown: “Can anyone recommend a company he’s used to mulch his home. – Probably need about 8 yards, and possibly put a hard edge around the beds. TIA.” (next door)
- Nextdoor neighbor, W Auburn Rd: “Hi all! – Just wanted to make a post for anyone during this spring cleaning time! Many animal rescues/humane societies/vets go through an abundance of blankets/towels/etc. So if you’re getting ready to change some bedding…” (Nextdoor)
- Next door neighbor, Oakland Valley: “I just saw a hummingbird. – Get your feeders out, I’m sure they’re hungry from their long journey” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Cantata Academy Chorale – 60th Anniversary Concert – “THIS DAY” (May 1)
- Is natural/green burial right for you? (May 4)
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list (May 8)
- The Glamorous Lunch (May 21)
- Add your event
Do you like the Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with another update!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the hard-working Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. Correlated with working in journalism, I had an incredible opportunity to study and write about many different cultures and backgrounds at the Piast Institute, which also helped prepare me for this role. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]